Friday, April 13, 2012

Chris Hardwick - My New Man-Crush

C-Mike Gallagher


Today at C2E2 2012 was the first time I've had the absolute honor of being in the presence of Chris Hardwick and well, the title says it all. Turns out my new man-crush is not only slap-stick hilarious, but insanely humble as well. 


Chris Hardwick salutes PA.
How did I come to this conclusion? He made it pretty damn easy when, in front of well over 1000 people, he stopped, looked me right in the eyes and gave me the 'ol devil horns. But it didn't end there, he actually waited long enough to be sure I got the shot and didn't look back at the crowd until I gave him a bashful nod. I don't mean to brag here, but we've had the privilege of meeting some pretty big names in a plethora of entertainment categories. Regardless, never before today have I felt like the person(s) speaking cared more about their fans than their fans cared about them. Don't get me wrong, not all celebrities--or pseudo-celebrities-- are  stuck-up ass hats, and that's precisely the reason I've fallen in love with this genre of entertainment. Because of this, I consider myself to be one of the luckiest men in the world.


Fan questions are pretty common for panels like this one, but Chris takes it a step further. He make sure his fans don't just think, but actually know that he cares about them. I was lucky enough to catch some advice he had for aspiring writers on video, check it out below!





For that irreplaceable feeling that you give all of us; Chris, I thank you.


Until next time folks,


-OMG

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | fantastic sams coupons